St. Luke’s Department of Adult Neuropsychology is currently seeking a neuropsychologist in Boise, Idaho to join our expanding team. We are accepting applications for a full-time neuropsychologist to provide typical outpatient evaluations for our consultation service. Primary patient populations we serve include traumatic brain injury, stroke, dementia/neurodegenerative disorders, and complex medical patients. We also provide pre-surgical evaluations for epilepsy, normal pressure hydrocephalus, and movement disorders. There may be opportunities to provide additional services specific to a candidate’s area of interest. Ideally, we are seeking a candidate with expertise in worker’s compensation clinical (not IME) consultations and/or competency to provide Spanish evaluations. However, candidates without these competencies are still encouraged to apply.
We have six neuropsychologists and four masters-level psychometrists on our team. Services to be provided Mon-Fri with no call responsibility. We are a patient-centered, collaborative, and fun group who values work-life balance and looks forward to welcoming our next neuropsychologist team member.
WHY ST. LUKE'S?
St. Luke’s Health System is Idaho’s largest employer and most awarded health system, with a medical staff of over 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. Made up of eight hospitals around central and southern Idaho, we are proud to be the only locally owned and operated, physician-led, not-for-profit health system in the state. St. Luke’s has been awarded as one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the country for the eighth consecutive year, designated by Truven Health Analytics. We are committed to providing high quality patient care and positively impacting the lives of those in our community. St. Luke’s enjoys an outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and a superior healthcare organization.
We are a caring organization; Caring people are the heart of St. Luke's, with strategic objectives focused on improving the patient experience through quality, accessibility and affordability.
QUALITY: Advancing our position as the go-to provider for consumers by delivering safe, effective care and an exceptional patient experience.
ACCESS: Evolving the way we deliver care to best meet the health needs of the people we serve when, where and how they desire.
AFFORDABILITY: Ensuring the cost of high-quality health care is reasonable in the communities we serve, that it is understandable, and that it creates certainty for health care consumers.
St. Luke's recognizes has a focused effort to provide value-based care and understands that because prevention is of the upmost importance, care coordination is essential. Within St. Luke’s Health System, new processes are making it easier for providers to connect patients with resources that will allow them to live healthier lives. St. Luke's Health Partners serves value-based patients through a coordinated network of supporting staff. Clinicians and others within the network work together to track progress or watch for problems that need to be addressed and review data to identify areas where patients may need help.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city—both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. Boise is located on the Boise river in southwestern Idaho. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Tracey Cooper via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 208.381.0656
*St. Luke’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.
• Conduct neuropsychological evaluations with patients who have medical and neurological conditions that affect cognition and learning.
• Provide patient and provider education regarding potential neuro-cognitive consequences of neurological/medical disease processes.
• Provide consultation to physicians, allied health professionals, care providers, and families with medical and neurological conditions.
• Assist in the development of neuropsychological protocols using a programmatic, inter-disciplinary team approach.
• Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to patient/family.
• Interact with patients/families with a variety of developmental and sociocultural backgrounds.
• Provide information to patients and families to reduce anxiety and convey an attitude of acceptance, sensitivity, and caring.
• Maintain professional relationships and convey relevant information to other members of the healthcare team within the facility and any applicable referral agencies.
• Graduation from an APA/CPA accredited School doctoral program and completion of an accredited postdoctoral residency in clinical neuropsychology.
• Current license to practice psychology in the State of Idaho.
• Ability and willingness to demonstrate and maintain competency as required for job title and the unit/area(s) of assignment.
• Ability and willingness to work with patients’ growth and developmental needs particularly related to the age of patients in the unit/area(s) of assignment.
• Excellent communication skills to include oral and written comprehension and expression.
• Ability to manage a chaotic work environment related to changing patient needs, including work with patients with acute, chronic, and complex disease processes, and those who are dying.
• Ability and willingness to exhibit behaviors consistent with standards for performance improvement and organizational values.
• Ability and willingness to exhibit behaviors consistent with principles for service excellence.